International Youth Forum on Human Rights and UN SDG’s is going to be held on March 24-25, 2017 in Nepal. Application is open to all young activist in Human Rights and SDG.
Youth for Human Rights International (YHRI) is a nonprofit organization founded in 2001 by Dr. Mary Shuttleworth. The purpose of YHRI is to teach youth about human rights, specifically the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and inspire them to become advocates for tolerance and peace. YHRI has now grown into a global movement, including hundreds of groups, clubs and chapters around the world.
About the Program
The forum discussed ways in which young people can play an active role in the implementation of the Sustainable Development and Human Rights. It also addressed how the youth can best communicate on the Agenda, bringing on board the innovative use of social media and communication tools. Delegates from different Countries will present their Successful projects for the discussion.
The Youth Forum brought young leaders from around the world to the Kathmandu,Nepal. It is a platform for youth to engage in dialogue with Experts from different entity and contribute to policy formulation on global Human Rights violations, social and environmental issues.
This two-day event featured brainstorming town-hall sessions, interactive panels and discussions with Experts, providing youth representatives with an opportunity to voice their opinion, share ideas, and to think together about specific issues of relevance to youth in the context of implementing the Sustainable Development to create peaceful world.
- 18 to 38 years of age;
- At least two years’ professional experience in the fields of Human Rights, politics, economics, administration, culture, media, science or civil society;
- Good English skills;
- Strong interest in the respective topic of the Forum.
Dates & Deadlines
- Jan 2017: Application Opens for International Delegates
- 28 Feb 2017: Application Closed for International Delegates
- 21 Feb 2017: Application for Local delegates (only for Nepal)
- 23 March 2017: Arrival of International Delegates
- 24-25 March 2017: International Youth Forum 2017
- 26 March 2017: Departure of Delegates
Visit Official Website